HOME : Student Financial Assistance Applying for Aid Receiving Aid Types of Aid Forms General Information Contact Us


Second Degree-Seeking Undergraduate Student Helpful Hints

• Second degree-seeking undergraduate students should apply for financial aid by following the same procedures as other undergraduate students.
• Second degree-seeking undergraduate students must have declared majors different from the major in which they have already earned a degree.
• Second degree-seeking undecided majors are considered undeclared for financial aid purposes, and are not eligible for aid.
• Generally, second degree-seeking undergraduate students may be eligible for Federal Work Study, Federal Stafford and Perkins Loans.
• Second degree-seeking undergraduate students are NOT eligible to receive grants, such as Pell, FSEOG, FSAG and the UCF Grant.
• Second undergraduate degree seeking students are also reviewed as undergraduate students for Satisfactory Academic Progress purposes. Second degree undergraduate students will be placed on an Academic Plan.  Students must meet with their academic advisors to complete the Second Degree Academic Plan for Financial Aid form. They will be allowed up to a total of 70 hours, based upon the Academic Plan submitted to complete this degree.  Once they exceed 70 hours or have completed the coursework listed on the Academic Plan submitted, they will be placed on cancellation status. They should keep a copy and submit the completed form to SFA.

Third or More Degrees
Students seeking a third bachelor’s degree are not eligible for federal financial aid


 On this Page:
  International Students Receiving Private Loans
  International Students Receiving Scholarships
  Applying for Aid
Shopping Sheet Guide
School Cost
Understanding the To Do List
Dual Enrollment (High School)